Saturday, May 14, 2011

What Do You See?

Squirrel

A squirrel taps its way
Across the road
And up into a tree

A strange cross between
A persian cat
Its tale a fluff of gray
A softness I envy
Grace I'll never hope to learn

And a rat
A pint-sized rodent scavenger
A wild thing
With rat-like claws
A lurker in the shadows.

I know it is more rat
Than feline
And yet as I brake the car
With haste
And watch its tail flip angrily at me
Its dark eyes peek
Suspicious at me
I see a friend
And not an enemy

And so I cannot help
But see humanity
A few true rats, yes,
But most of us
More fluff than claws.

4 comments:

  1. I like your point Shakes...but to be honest I see emergency stew meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I like your descriptions and your point of view in this. I like grey squirrels but they're controversial in Scotland as they are an introduced species and out compete our native (and even cuter) red squirrels

    ReplyDelete
  3. "What Do You See?" nice poem
    India is Religion Country . Religion pepole believe in god they are also believe superstition they also visit temples if you want some Religion songs
    then check our websites Ganga Bhakti

    ReplyDelete