Now that I have finished training, with flying colors no less (the trainer said my work was top-notch and recommended me for the next level of training, which involves actually facilitating two online classes!!!!), it's time for me to take care of a number of things... only I feel like Hamlet's ghost is roaming outside in my back yard, moaning at me, "Swear!" to make sure I do what I say I will.
So, here I SWEAR that I will get the following things done this summer:
1. Train Pam so that she can do bookkeeping at the church (instead of me!)
2. Paint a big painting for my sister and brother-in-law.
3. Finish the ship painting I've been working on for a year.
4. Revise Desdemona and send it out to at least five theatres.
5. Revise Remember Me and get a date set for the playwrights group to read it.
6. Revise Mariah's Ark and start sending it to agents.
7. Revise my Charley novel and send it out to friendly readers (and not so friendly ones).
8. Research extensively for Thomas novels (my first novel attempt, which I am revamping).
9. Write outlines for the full set of Thomas novels.
10. Revise article for ghost book (should be done this week!).
11. Send out article to all newspapers in western Washington.
12. Post article on craigslist (weekly or twice per week).
13. Conduct the majority of interviews for ghost book (by end of September).
14. Go through all textbooks for classes.
15. Plan out classes for fall (1 face-to-face, 2 online in Kansas, 2 mentored online classes).
16. Sew a medieval costume for myself.
17. Sew several outfits for myself and my daughter.
18. Visit my sister and aunt in Texas.
19. Get a ten-minute play ready for production during the fall term (for Jan. performance).
20. Plan and implement fun activities for my kids.
Okay, yes, this is an exhaustive list. But I've written it out, and I've sworn it. Now I need to print it out and paste it up somewhere (perhaps a bathroom mirror?). I'll let you know when I get something done on it, and I'll do everything I possibly can to get the whole shebang done by mid-September or so (school here starts in late September, since we're on the quarter system).
Now it's your turn. Make a list, put it up for us to see, and SWEAR it!