Friday, November 5, 2010

A Little Update

I didn't make my word count yesterday, though I did manage enough to change the day from red to yellow (you can see it in the calendar today). I'm pretty happy, still, for I wrote until my eyes were crossing last night, just to get something in, and I'm in a pretty exciting place in the novel--not sure which way it's going to go.

Unfortunately, given my tendency to be plot driven, I'm going to spend the next few days mapping out an outline of sorts, just to make sure I know the overall sweep of the novel I'm trying to write in a month. I hate it when nothing happens, when characters sit around and talk (or in my case, since it's about a mermaid, swim around and talk), so I have some planning to do.

I wish you luck on all that you are working on. Use your weekend wisely! (I intend to.)

7 comments:

  1. If I could only stop having visitors and trying to change one of my printed books into an ebook, then I might get some words added to Nano! Arggh1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even started. So you're better off than I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not doing anything right now, but I'm trying to drum up enthusiasm for one of the projects I'm dabbling in.

    If I can, I can probably reduce stress, feel better and be productive all at the same time.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be working sat and sun... but when I can I intend to be writing, good luck with your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someday I am going to give the NaNoWriMo thing a try.... okay... some year...decade maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carole, I've been able to do what I have mainly because I haven't been sleeping. I haven't slept past 2:30 the last four mornings... but it's going to catch up with me. Maybe I can fit in a nap today.

    The Mother, that's because you've been writing fascinating posts about yin and yang.

    Stephanie, I find that writing and exercising have the greatest effect on my stress level. Both are necessary for me.

    Jeff, sorry you have to work all weekend. I only have about a dozen papers to grade, and next weeks' classes to prep for.

    Flit, you, like me, are fantastic at putting too much on your plate at one time. I'm sure you'll fit this thing in as well, even if it isn't this year!

    Sharon, thanks for the cheer! I'm pretty happy about it, but I want to keep going.

    ReplyDelete