But I still want more time. I finished a spat of grading yesterday at around 4:30. Pretty good time. But it was too late to do a bunch of other things I wanted to do. I still managed to do dishes, clean the kitchen, tidy up the house, make dinner, read a chapter of my creative writing text, watch some TV with the hubby, read to my kids and put them to bed, and read a little of Dicken's David Copperfield (for my bookclub in September).
Ah, if only time were limitless. If only I could decide, one morning, that I just had too much to do to get it all done in 16 hours. I could just turn in my "Double Day for Free" card and add more stuff to my list.
What would I add?
1. Take my kids to the park.
2. Exercise another hour.
3. Read my sister's book in one sitting.
4. Do piano lessons with both kids. (I haven't had time to do so since we came back from vacation!)
5. Watch the second Lord of the Rings movie.
6. Finish reading through my creative writing textbook.
7. Weed the garden.
8. Repot my indoor plants.
9. Sew Crystal a few dresses for school.
10. Make Halloween costumes for me, Richard, and the kids (I think we might just all be vampires this year).
I could think of a ton more, but these would already take me over two days (weeks?) to do. Darn.
What would you do if you had a Double Day?