Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More Meme

Okay, so here's the rest. 


21. A better name for me would be:
Rachel. Love the name. My aunt once told me my real name didn't really suit me, so I spent the summer looking through a huge baby book. I found this one (but she didn't like it much, either). I've toyed with using it as a pen name.

22. I have a hard time understanding:
Hate. Why people choose it over compassion, I have no idea. Why we need to see others as inferior, or as "other"... 

23. If I ever go back to school, I'll:
Teach. Three degrees is PLENTY.

24. You know I like you if:
I actually invite you to my house. If you invite yourself, well, then you'll never know. And believe me, I've had people do that.


25. If I ever won an award, the first person I'd thank would be:

My hubby. And my sister. And the millions of other people who encouraged me or expected me to succeed. 


26. When I compare 80's rock to to 90's rock:
I switch the station to classical music. 

27. Take my advice, never:
Marry if you aren't happy with someone. Better to be single and a little lonely than unhappily married. I was lucky to marry happy, but I've seen too many who didn't, and divorce is, from what I can tell, TORTURE. So is an unhappy marriage.

28. My ideal breakfast is:
Strawberry waffles with ice cream instead of whip cream (OMG, are they delicious--at least, that's how I remember them, since it's been years!)

29. A song I love, but do not own is:
The Highwayman, by the 3 D's. (This was my sister's answer, but I agree. I also like "The Riddle" on the same LP.)

30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest:
Stopping by my place. Yes, that means I'm inviting you! Just give me some warning, so I can sweep the floors.

31. My favorite Beatle is: 
John. He was the genius behind the songs.

32. Why won't people:
Stop being so self-centered? It's always "me, me, me." Everyone can't be the center of the universe, yet so many feel they should be, at the expense of everyone else.


33. If you spend the night at my house:
I hope you're an early riser. We're all pretty much up at 6:30. And my kids are NOT quiet.

34. I'd stop my wedding for:
Dude, I don't know. Weddings themselves aren't that important. It's the marriage that counts, and I try to let as little get in the way of that as possible.


35. The world could do without:
Hate. Covered this one before. And greed, too.

36. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than:
Sell things for a living. I'd be the worst car salesman ever. 


37. My favorite blond(e) is: 
My son. My daughter looks just like my husband (sans the beard, of course), while my son has my hair and eye colors.

38. Paper clips are more useful than:
Doughnuts. Both go right through you, too, but paperclips cause less damage (just ask my son).

39. If I do anything well, it's:
Encourage people. Everybody can do more with a little encouragement. It's far too easy to give up if you think you'll fail.

40. And by the way:
Go write something! Anything. I'm going to do the same.


Now I've done it. Tomorrow, who knows what I'll post. 

2 comments:

  1. Muy cool. I also liked "Annabelle Lee" from that same album. How geeky are we?

    I put up ANOTHER meme you might find interesting yesterday. AND, Lee says our cable is fixed so I'll put up actual posts tonight! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, ooh, Patricia of Subjective Soup did the same literary favorites meme, including plays. You could so own both her and my meme.

    ReplyDelete