Monday, May 23, 2016

Summer Goals

New Year's Resolutions never work on me, if only because I've been on an academic calendar since I was five (perhaps even since my older sister was five). Trying something new mere days before the school semester starts up again is foolish in the extreme, so, naturally, the new things have rarely remained permanent.

Therefore, I am making a short list of SUMMER Resolutions. My son is finished with school, and my daughter has two days more before her classes close, so it looks like I will have TWO WHOLE FREAKIN' MONTHS without tons of daily obligations. What can I accomplish in two months? Hopefully I will manage to do a LOT.

Here is my short list:

1. Completely revise Thomas novel #2
2. Set up and implement an action plan to submit Thomas novel #1 to agents.
3. Sew LOTS of clothing--daily wear stuff AND costumes.
4. Re-cover all four of the dining room chairs.
5. Refinish the hardwood floors in my house.
6. Lose 20 lbs.

Now I just need to put this list up in BOLD somewhere and make sure I take steps EVERY SINGLE DAY towards each goal (I will allow myself to focus on a particular goal, too, but #6 will take daily action).

Even more important, I will NOT add more goals!

At least I think I won't.

Y tu? What are your goals for the summer? Please share if you have them!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so I finished Thomas #2, started on my agent list and Thomas #3, took the chairs in to be reupholstered, and lost ten pounds so far... not bad. But now summer is over and I've had eye surgery, so it will be a while before I can write again... darn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a few classes to truly understand what you want to do with the rest of your life before you make this decision. Furthermore, remember that you can always change your major after you select one.play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today’s organizations have a variety of information systems used to manage their operations. Pick one of ERP, CRM, SCM, MRP, and Knowledge Management systems. Do some research on the Internet and describe a popular vendor for such a system, and how such a system improves bottom-line results. BIS 445 ALL WEEK DISCUSSIONS LATEST

    ReplyDelete