Friday, August 19, 2016

Killing Time? Or is Time Killing Me?

Before you read any further... bear with me. My eyes have been lased barely three weeks ago, and I have trouble seeing computer screen writing, so I will likely write with a few errors.

The thought occurred to me, yesterday, that I should be depressed because my eyes will not, at this point, allow me to work on my novels... or work on my plays... or read for more than a few minutes at a time. My goals were to get my Thomas novel #3 done in September, revise #2 in October, and write #4 in November... but I know now that such goals are impossible, at least until I can comfortably write for hours on my laptop.

Of course, since I don't tend towards the woe-is-me-whine-fest that seems a plausible notion at this point, I am making the best of the time while I wait. The hubby and I are readying our house to sell (we already put our house in Washington up for sale, and its contract is pending), so I've decided to concentrate on the activities I CAN do with my eyes as they are. Whining is such a waste of time, after all.

I've already ripped down the wallpaper in two bathrooms, leaving me wallpaper in one more bathroom and in the dining room to tear out as well. (Note to would-be wallpaper putter-uppers: DON'T DO IT!!! If you have EVER had to tear down wallpaper, you would never put ANY up again, I promise!) I have several floors to patch up as well, sanding and re-staining, and then lacquering. Each one of these will have to be done carefully, in steps. Once I've patched the de-wallpapered walls, I'll need to prime all the bathrooms and then paint these as well. If I'm too worn out from going up and down the ladder, I'll replace door hinges (most of the house uses brass, and I'll need to replaced the hinges with steel or brushed nickel--SIGH) and door knobs.

But it can't all be work. Thankfully, I can also sew at this point, too, and Halloween is close enough that I can work on costumes. Crystal wants to be a creepy broken china doll (cool!), and Brandon wants to be Lich King (I didn't know who that was, either, so here's a picture:)

Thanks to Justin Currie on Deviantart.com for this rendering of Lich King!
Even my own costume needs finishing (since I started it last October but was distracted by my kids' costumes)... I am dressing up as a woodland faerie, complete with knee-high suede boots and pink flowers. Given my eye status, I might ask Crystal to sew the pink flowers on the costume, in exchange for sewing hers... but it's all bound to be fun.

I assume, if you are reading this, that you have not just had eye surgery. but perhaps you have something else getting in the way of what you REALLY WANT TO BE DOING. So what? Shift gears, try something new instead, and just do SOMETHING. Feel free to browse through possible stuff, find a new path, and just play. You may find your next great adventure.

Now I am off to mine.

6 comments:

  1. Been ages since I was here (my own blogs tend to be neglected, too). Sorry about that.

    Keeping busy is not one of my challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take shorter showers to get greater advantage of green energy in your home! Heating hot water accounts for nearly 14% of the average household's energy use and that can really add up. Cutting down on the time you spend in the shower will be better on the environment and your energy bills!
    satta king

    ReplyDelete
  3. bhakti is not a just word it is a whole world in it ganga bhakti
    bhakti gana

    ReplyDelete

  4. Look for the right company to work with. Find out if they share any values in common with you. Ask yourself if you would actually use the products
    Satta King Internet Marketing Tips That Are Easy To Follow Play Bazaar or enjoy selling them. Look for a company that uses methods you find interesting and stimulating. You should also compare different companies before choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Integrate your campaign across multiple platforms. You want your branding, your site's look and feel, to be consistent across your Facebook page, your website, your Twitter page, your YouTube channel, and so on. Consistent branding will make visitors feel more at home on all your business's advertising platform, and therefore encourage more use of all the platforms. Play Bazaar Techniques To Help You Market Through Facebook Satta King

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not all of your classes will be intensive for you. Those classes that you excel in, are often easy for you and do not require as much study time.play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete