Monday, March 11, 2013

Another Birthday

Well, I've made it to another milestone. Funny how time still passes, even when I don't feel like I'm getting anything done. It feels like just another long day at this point, but I finally see an end to the emotional turmoil I've been in.

The play is in its last week of rehearsal, and first week of performance, so my kids and I will be in the thick of it all this week--every single day until about 10:30 p.m. It'll wear on them, I know, but it'll wear on me, too. I am old, after all, and not used to staying up past 10 p.m.

Two more weeks, though, and this OLIVER! will be over. I'll miss the music, and I'll miss wearing my costume (I'm keeping the cap to wear around the house, just for fun), but I don't think I'll miss anything else. Pretty sad, really. A lot of work, and the payoff this time isn't close to worth it. But we stuck it out, despite everything, and I can leave it behind on my own terms, without (too much) bitterness.

Still, in the end, we did it, all of us. Maybe in a few years, in a different venue, when the kids are a little older and I'm still not too old, we'll do something like this again. Until then, I'll look forward to getting some rest.

Hope you all have a great week. Sleep for me, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment