Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer Goals

Okay, so it's taken me a MONTH to post on what I want to get done this summer, and the kids go back to school early in August. So I'm behind... so what? I've already crossed off one of them--revising novel #1 so that it's ready for publication. I've sent it off to a few readers now, and hopefully I'll have it fully revised by August. But there is more to do.

Here's my list, ambitious as usual. Remember, too, that "revise" always stands for "shred," and "rewrite" means "start from scratch and retain very little from the first version":

1. Revise Mariah's Ark fully, so that it's ready to send off to agents.
2. Revise Ghostly Charley fully, so that it's ready to send off.
3. Repair all of the books from my kids' school's library (glue spines, fix pages, etc.).
4. Read the whole How to Train Your Dragon series and other books.
5. Research Caribbean sea life in prep for Mermaid book re-write.
6. Finish backsplash.
7. Finish painting house.
8. Make both comforters for my son's twin bed.
9. Make some cute tops for my daughter for when school starts.

So, there it is. It's a bit less overwhelmingly ambitious than the usual summer list. Still, it means I need to get to work.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck... and I am loving your book. Time is against me, I will endeavor to finish it asap.

    ReplyDelete