Saturday, May 15, 2010

What Am I?

Stephanie B was the right one for the last haiku, speculating that it represented "toilet paper"--and, yes, I did say to look for the mundane. I liked the other guesses a LOT, though. Keep them coming!

I can't say this is the most spectacular set of blogs I've ever written, but if it means I don't lose touch with all of you during the final month I'm teaching, well, that's what it means. I'll work hard to be brilliant during the summer, once I am no longer buried in papers that need grading.

Here's a new haiku for Saturday:

Metal bars glide along
But blue sky, trees, silver clouds
Distract from mundane.

I tried to get out of the toilet paper thing - I even used the word mundane! See if you can figure out what it means, and make your guess. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

7 comments:

  1. The “glide” part throws me for a loop… if it was slide along, then I would agree with a window. since it says glide, I have to say it’s: Hang -glider

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head banger bar patio in day time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me think of being a passenger in a car, on a long ride, stairing out the window watching everything passing by..and at the bottom of your view is the barrier along side of the freeway.

    ReplyDelete