Thursday, November 26, 2009

Prayers for Caisla

I know all of you are busy prepping for your Thanksgiving feast today, but my best friend Cherilyn's 15-year-old daughter Caisla was in a horrific car accident yesterday, and I wondered if you could help. She has suffered massive head injuries (the car was hit on the side, her side), and she has yet to regain consciousness. The doctors will likely do brain surgery today to alleviate the swelling.

While you are being thankful for your own children and families this morning, could you offer a little prayer for her (or, if you are not inclined to prayer, a bit of well wishes)? Caisla is a wonderful girl, and an only child, so this prayer would help out both her and her mother. 

If nothing else, hold your own children a bit more tightly today, as I will, and be thankful that they are safe and happy. 

4 comments:

  1. She will be in my family’s prayers every day until I hear she has recovered.

    And yes I will hold my kids a little closer now. I do not wish to take my kids health for granted yet I do...
    I have 30 family members come to Thanksgiving on my side of the family and 20 on my wife’s, I will ask the same of them and sure they will be happy to oblige.
    Please let the family know they’ll be in our prayers, and god bless Caisla...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending my best thoughts and well wishes. I did a little card magic, anything that might help.

    I hope she pulls through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has the young one in his sight. Expect the best possible outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, all of you! So far she is stable, but still unconscious. They may induce a coma to keep her brain from swelling.

    ReplyDelete