Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Travel Tuesday: Where Do You Want to Go Today?


Photo from Microsoft Office
As a re-vamp to my blog (since I pretty much took the summer off and played hooky from EVERYTHING), I've decided to make Tuesdays all about traveling. It could be places that truly exist, places only in books or films, places that once existed, but don't anymore, or even places that may some day exist, if I only live long enough.  
As a start to that, I have a few questions for you, my too-long-neglected readers. Feel free to answer any or all of them in your comments on this page, unless you, too, have dematerialized from blogworld to go on your merry way. Here they are:


1. What part of the world today would you most wish to visit? 

(My answer: Great Britain. Yes, even after that travesty of an opening ceremony, I still want to go there most.)

2.  What mythical/fictional place attracts you most? 

(My answer: Neverland. But I'd hope that J.M. Barrie was there to give me a tour--amazing man, if everything I've read about him is true. That freaky island from Life of Pi was cool, too, but I don't think I actually want to visit it.)

3.  What place from a long time ago do you wish most to see? 

(My answer: The Parthenon, in all its glory. Then again, if it was garishly painted as some scientists suggest, I might just pass. I'd love to see Atlantis, too, but perhaps that should be classified as "mythical/fictional.")

4.  What future experiences in travel do you envision, whether place or mode of travel?
Photo from Microsoft Office
(My answer: I wonder about moon travel, but I can't say I'm itching to go myself. I love the idea of traveling super fast--so that I could fly to Great Britain in an hour. It would be worth a little stomach lurching if it could save me 8 hours stuck in the middle of a five-person row of seats.)

But my answers aren't nearly as exciting as your answers. So get answering. You see, even if I drop the ball for months, I can still be impatient with others. Pretty cool, huh? So answer me already! 

2 comments:

  1. Give consideration shakes that I am way more pedestrian than most.


    1. What part of the world today would you most wish to visit?

    Appalachia or the High Rockies but would prefer a looooong visit to the Appalachian chain.



    2. What mythical/fictional place attracts you most? Middle Earth. Is there any better place to see stuff?



    3. What place from a long time ago do you wish most to see?
    Germania or Gaul inhabited by the Celts. simply because if you have to live without flush toilets you may as well make war on Rome.


    4. What future experiences in travel do you envision, whether place or mode of travel?

    *shrug* No plans but if we do it will be by road.


    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where I want to go. Somewhere. Someplace exotic. Utah.

    ReplyDelete